The Alduaij family office has a long and glorious history in Kuwait as one of the most prominent and respected business forces. The Alduaij family business, Alea Global, has won several awards including The European Award, and the CEO Award two years running. Head of the family office, Mohammad Alduaij, has won the Man of the Year award for his work building international business relationships.
Through their networks, they have formed strong personal and professional relationships with other family offices across the globe, all sharing much common ground and a willingness to work together.
Mohammad Alduaij, has been a conference speaker for the past 10 years, appearing at events all over the world. It was during his time touring the conference circuit that Mohammad noticed a gap in the market for events specific to family offices and those who want to meet them. Bringing together his conference experience, and his special insight into the world’s most prestigious family offices, this conference unites family offices with each other. It also gives business and entrepreneurs unprecedented access to this unique and powerful network.
About the summit
The summit is the sixth of its kind, and is a gathering of family offices, with a specialist focus on business in the Middle East. The topics discussed at the summit are highly relevant to the family offices of today, providing solutions for their problems. It’s also an opportunity for service providers to mingle with members of these family offices in an informal and productive environment.
There will be talks and panels on a wide range of highly relevant and fascinating subjects, including Jordan's royal family, wellness, philanthropy, education, mental health, Blockchain, technology, and succession planning, among others.
There are over 80 family businesses already scheduled to attend, with an investor to delegate ratio of 70:30, so all delegates will have the opportunity to meet.
Registration, networking and one-on-one meetings, with Arabian Refreshments & Delicacies.17:00
Welcome and opening remarks.18:00
HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, Kingdom of Jordan.18:10
Lupo Lanzara, Vice President, Accademia Costume & Moda, Italy.18:30
With peer learning and interaction in mind, these 60- minute breakout sessions are designed to promote the sharing of experiences and brainstorming of ideas in facilitated and balanced discussions.18:50
A chance to network in an informal setting and discuss the day’s events over dinner.19:50
Registration, breakfast and networking.08:00
Chairman welcome and opening remarks.10:00
Philanthropy has always been an important outlet for the wealth of generous families even before the structure of the family office existed.
This session will look at how family offices can effectively invert in philanthropic causes, and look at examples of family offices improving society through their philanthropy and charitable giving.10:10
– Where in the world to invest next, and why.
– Learn about emerging industries in existing territories.
– A look at Africa’s potential as the new investment opportunity.
Through an in-depth interview with a wellness professional, you can gain an understanding of the ecosystem of technology, celebrities, experiences and lifestyle products around the concept of wellness.
This look at the current and future wellness market will reveal what wellness products and services to invest in, both for profit and for social good.11:10
Morning Networking Break with Arabian Refreshments & Delicacies.11:30
– What are the different stages and types of educational experience available today once school is over?
– What are the benefits of higher education, internships and apprenticeships?
– Which should you consider for yourself or your children and why?
– Where are the best places to study around the world for different subjects and specialisms?
– Find out how we are rapidly leaving behind the old static ways of working.
– How new living documents and databases can evolve in real time.
– Explore blockchain, bitcoin, online project management and Google databases.
– Why, when and how to take advantage of these new developments for your existing business.
“Interesting Investment opportunities to look at”12:50
A chance to meet and discuss the morning’s sessions over lunch.13:10
– Learn about the dangers associated with a wealthy lifestyle.
– How to avoid the traps of boredom and excess, from addictions to depression and anxiety.
– Simple daily steps for prevention of problems.
– Treatment for existing problems including serious addiction and mental health issues.
Tech is the best new age investment to pursue because it is always evolving and it’s here to stay. We examine new trends to look out for in the area of tech investment, and how you can build a legacy by investing in this area.15:00
– A look at how the new generation is more ambitious, individualistic and easily distracted than ever before.
– How can you carry out effective succession planning bearing this in mind.
– How to keep them engaged in the business and feeling fulfilled whilst also protecting the family legacy.
Afternoon Networking Break with Arabian Refreshments & Delicacies.16:00
– Why might someone want to invest in sport?
– Find out where to begin with sport investment.
– Learn about the impact well-funded sport can have on regions and communities.
– Which sports are having the most impact on different parts of the world.
Hear from a professional concierge service about the past, present and future of their industry, and gain valuable insight into why you should choose a luxury concierge for your next trip.
The services they can provide are many and varied, so it’s important to find the right concierge service for your needs.16:40
A new era for Saudi women
– How Saudi women are taking the lead in business.
– How to create opportunities for Saudi women and harness their skills.
– Providing a nurturing environment for women’s career development within your business.
– New trends in retail investment.
– International retail opportunities and how to find them.
– How to add a retail arm to your business.
Family Office Global Investment Diversification
– Why diversify your investments?
– How to diversify successfully.
– Ensuring your family office grows and retains its good reputation amid diverse investment streams.
The Gulf’s global reputation and its effect on local family office investments
– The success stories of Gulf region family offices on the global stage.
– How to harness the Gulf’s growing positive reputation for your own business.
– A ‘who’s who’ of family offices to connect with in the Gulf region.
Attracting family office capital for start-ups
– How to approach family offices – do’s and don’t’s.
– Why family office capital is the best option for your start-up.
– Success stories of start-ups and the family offices who invested in them.
Investing in technology and its effect on employment
– Are machines really replacing workers? Why you shouldn’t feel guilty about investing in new technology.
– How to choose the most ethical new technologies to invest in.
– Future trends in emerging workplace technology.
Closing remarks followed by networking cocktail reception at 18:10.18:00